English Language Institute
Strengthen and Grow the English Language Institute at OSU to be a Premier Institution Recognized Nationwide for Success in Attaining English Fluency for Non-Native Speakers
- Objective One
- Implement a new, modernized curriculum based upon five separate eight week instructional sessions per year.
- Objective Two
- Switch to a system of rolling enrollment, and double the size of the English Language Institute from 100 enrolled students to 200 enrolled students by December 30, 2018.
- Objective Three
- Attain a pass rate of 90 percent or higher on the TOEFL exam when taken by individuals who have completed the highest level of ELI training offered at the OSU/ELI.
- Objective Four
- Present to OSU a compelling case for recognizing the faculty of the English Language Institute as OSU faculty members, rather than the current affiliation as staff members, by December 31st, 2018.
- Objective Five
- Present to OSU a compelling case for offering university credit, especially for temporary students from overseas institutions, in English Language Institute courses by December 31st, 2018.