Meeting the Demand for Study Abroad and Domestic Study Away Programs
OSU will establish and facilitate study abroad and domestic programming that inspires students to lead, equips students with the skills and knowledge required to develop discipline specific global competencies, and provides opportunities to effectively engage with local, national, and global communities as culturally perceptive citizens.
- Double the number of OSU students participating in study abroad by 2020. This equates to 50% of graduating students in each college awarded undergraduate degrees in an academic year having participated in a meaningful international experience.
- Increase the number of students participating in long-term study abroad (over 8 weeks in length).
- Increase the number of students participating in domestic, culturally immersive programs such as the National Student Exchange.
- Increase the academic rigor, experiential learning, and cultural immersion components for all programs to ensure students participate in high-caliber, academically significant learning experiences.
- Innovate new opportunities for gaining meaningful international experiences, including internships, work abroad, service learning programs, and on-campus engagement.