Trade and Development Initiative
Continue progress towards making the Center for International Trade and Development (CITD) and the International Trade Center - Small Business Development Center (ITC-SBDC) at Oklahoma State University to be known at the local, state, national and international levels as being centers of excellence in the areas of Customs and International Trade Development.
- Objective One
- Strengthen and grow the relationship with the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center state office and network to ensure long term stability and continued funding.
- Objective Two
- Create additional opportunities for OSU students interested in careers in international trade and development to work as interns and Graduate Assistants.
- Objective Three
- Foster opportunities for increased collaboration in the United States and internationally with key organizations focusing on international trade development for small and medium sized enterprises including the National Association of Small Business Educators (NASBITE), the Association of Small Business Development Centers (ASBDC), the Brazilian Micro and Small Business Support Service (SEBRAE) and the Small Business Network of the Americas (SBNA).
- Objective Four
- Identify new partners and expand cooperation with existing partner Universities in Mexico, Central and South America, Asia and Ethiopia that have programs focussing on Customs and export assistance for Small and. Existing relationships with the Universidad Veracruzana (University of Veracruz) and the Universidad Estatal de Sonora (State University of Sonora) will be expanded to include more exchanges of professional staff and to allow for student exchanges.
- Objective Five
- Continue to grow the relationship with Partners of the Americas (POA) chapters in Mexico and other parts of Latin America to create opportunities for the exchange of students and small business owners to and from Oklahoma.
- Objective Six
- Expand academic and professional training offerings in international trade and development though the launch of the Graduate Certificate in Applied International Trade and Development,continuing to grow the Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) exam preparation course and the creation of partnerships with other members of the International Network of Customs Universities (INCU).
- Objective Seven
- Seek out funding opportunities in the U.S.A and around the world in the form of grants and donor funded development projects in the areas of Customs Reform and Modernization, Trade Facilitation and SME Export Capacity.